News & Notices

Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen10.26.2020

Job Posting: Cleaning Position - Priority Notice

The Town of Rindge is seeking a qualified Cleaner for Rindge Town Buildings. This is a part time position. Job description and employment application linked below:Job Description
This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for this position you must more

Rindge Town Clerk09.24.2020


The absentee ballots for the Presidential Election are in.  We are in the process of labeling, folding and stuffing envelopes now.  They should all be out in the mail by Monday.  You can still put in a request in person for an absentee ballot by completing the request form found on my more

Rindge Tax Collector
Rindge Tax Collector08.26.2020

Deputy Tax Collector Job Posting - Priority Notice

The Town of Rindge is seeking a Deputy Tax Collector. This is a part time position, applicants must be a Rindge resident. This position covers the Tax Collector's office for illness, vacation, certification week, convention and various workshops. Responsible for general office work under the direction of the Tax Collector. Appointment to the office shall be sworn in by the Town Clerk. Hours and pay will be determined. more

Fire Department
Fire Department07.29.2020

Obtaining Burn Permits - Priority Notice

At this time, burn permits may be obtained online or at the fire station. Online by using the following link:
FYI: There is a $3.00 transaction fee when using this method. more

Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen07.29.2020

Meeting Capacity Numbers - Priority Notice

There are new capacity limits for town meeting locations due to social distancing and remaining under 50% capacity. Please see the following numbers:Meetinghouse-holds 36Recreation Building-holds 42Board of Selectmen Conference Room-holds 15Fire House Meeting Room-holds 20 more

Town Information
Town Information06.18.2020

Town Office Update 6/18/20 - Priority Notice

All Rindge town buildings are open to the public effective 6/18/20 except for the Town Office. Please check with each building as some guidelines may vary slightly. The Town Office will open Monday 6/22/20 with normal hours.Social distancing must be adhered to, there are red x's marking the floor at each level (6 ft apart) and masks are recommended. Enter at your own risk. There are tables with hand sanitizer at each entrance and signage with guidelines for the building operations. Please respect the space of others and be patient with our new recommended guidelines. more


*New Application Process for Welfare Assistance - Priority Notice

See: How to Apply for WelfareStep 1: Download, print and fill out the application or pick an application up at the town office.Step 2: Gather the required paperwork listed on page 1 of the application.Step 3: Call town office at 899-5181 Ext. 101 to set up an appointment*During COVID: In-person more

Conservation Commission
Conservation Commission05.17.2020

Conservation Lands Open - Priority Notice

Rindge Conservation Lands Open for Walksread more

Emergency Management
Emergency Management04.04.2020

COVID-19 Public Service Announcement - Priority Notice more

Building Department
Building Department06.25.2015

Official Building/Fire Department Fee Schedule - Priority Notice

Attention Rindge Citizens and Contractors:

Please take a moment to check the fee schedule that was approved by the Selectmen on May 27, 2015.

read more

Rindge Town Clerk


Probably the first concern of new residents is their automobiles. If you are coming from another state and your vehicles are 2000 or newer models, we need to convert your out of state title to a NH Title. We will need the original title OR current registration if you have a loan on the vehicle. You will need to fill out an address change form and bring in proof of residence such as a utility bill or rental agreement, etc. We cannot accept P.O. Boxes as proof of residency.As of January 1, 2015 motor vehicles year 2000 and newer need titles, a vehicle that is 1999 or older, a person must present to the clerk at the time of registering either a previously issued New Hampshire certificate of registration or copy thereof (temporary registrations do not meet the requirements of previously issued), a valid title (NH or out of state) or a vehicle identification verification form (VIN Verification) completed by an authorized agent named on the form (these forms may be obtained at the Town Clerks Office or from the police department) and a bill of sale. Vehicles 2000 and newer need a title and a bill of sale.Most passenger vehicles can be completed at the town level, heavier vehicles, over 26,000 lbs. have to be completed at a State DMV Office. After you have established your residency and registered your car, it is time to transfer your out of state license to a NH license at the nearest DMV. Keene 15 Ash Brook Court, Keene, NH 03431 and Milford 4 Meadowbrook Drive, Milford NH 03055 both do licensing on Mon - Friday; the fee for the license is $50.00 and both are open 8:00am to 4:30pm. When transferring your license you will need proof of residency; your N.H. vehicle registration is acceptable proof, also you will need your birth certificate and one of the following: Passport, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card or Military I.D.~If you are coming from another town in NH, you will still need to bring proof of residency and your prior registration before we can renew or transfer your registration. If someone else other than the owner of the vehicle comes in to register, they must have the prior registration and written permission from the owner of vehicle to perform that transaction along with a piece of mail showing the physical address in Rindge. The Right to Privacy Law prevents any person who is not on a registration to receive any information.~Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express (2.75% convenience fee is added to the total for credit or debit transactions).read more

Zoning Board of Adjustment
Zoning Board of Adjustment10.28.2020

ZBA Notice of Public Hearing - Site Walk

Hearing_Notice_2020-10-31_RINDGE_BOARD_OF_ADJUSTMENT.docx more

Rindge Town Clerk09.24.2020


Am I registered to vote in Rindge?  To find out, follow the link and answer the questions.… more

Ingalls Memorial Library
Ingalls Memorial Library08.10.2020

Part-Time Position Available

The Ingalls Memorial Library has a part-time Library Assistant position available.  Please visit for details. more

Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates
Rindge Town Clerk08.09.2020

Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates

Anyone wishing to get a copy of a birth, marriage or death record, and this includes genealogy searches, must pay a $15.00 search fee for each record - whether it is found at this office or not. Birth records after 1900 are not open to public. You must prove you are a direct relation. If you are looking for a death record, be sure the person died in NH. If they were a resident, but died in MA or some other state, we will not have that record. You would need to get it from the state in which that death occurred. Marriage & Death records are not open to public after 1936 without the same proof of relationship.

Marriage License filing fee is $50.00. You will be asked to fill out a 2 sided form with information about you and your parents. You will also fill out a form asking how many copies of the Marriage Certificate you will want after your wedding. The cost is $15 for one copy and $10 for each additional copy. You will need this for changing your name on your driver's license and with the Social Security dept.
You must provide: 1.) original documents of birth from your city or town where born (raised seal required) 2.) if widowed or divorced, those documents which have been filed and have a docket date and signature of the filing clerk/death certificate. If your divorce took place in MA be sure to bring in the page that says ABSOLUT. This is required. 3.) a photo ID such as a driver's license or passport.
Since a marriage filing takes about 30 minutes, we ask couples not to show up less than a half hour before closing. See hours above.
You can request the paperwork ahead of time via email ( This cuts down on your wait time in the office and gives you time to fill in the paperwork without feeling rushed.

Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express (2.75% convenience fee is added to the total for credit or debit transactions).
read more

Rindge Town Clerk08.09.2020


The next item most people ask about is, "What do I do about my dog?" All dogs from the time they get their first rabies shot as puppies, must be licensed. Fees are: $9.00 not altered, $6.50 altered & $6.50 for puppies under 7 months old, first dog owned by a senior citizen (65+) $2.00 and $20.00 Group license (4+ dogs). Please bring documentation from your veterinarian showing rabies inoculation with rabies tag number and the expiration; also if the dog has been neutered or spayed, bring that documentation. Without these papers we cannot license the dog. If during the move you lost these documents, I will accept a fax or email from the veterinarians' office directly to my office; fax is 603-899-2108, email: Though cats must have a current rabies shot, we do not license them. Also the leash law is in affect (RSA 466:13-a); no dog shall be allowed to roam freely from their yard, each time dog is found roaming the dog officer may charge $25.00 per incident per dog. Every year the dog license must be renewed by APRIL 30th. Please check your rabies expiration in March to make sure it is current, I cannot renew the license if shot has more

Recycling and Transfer Station
Recycling and Transfer Station05.14.2020

Swap Shop Remains Closed

The swap shop will remain closed until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

read more

Transfer Station Stickers & Punch Cards
Rindge Town Clerk05.06.2020

Transfer Station Stickers & Punch Cards

The Town Clerk will be issuing Dump Stickers and Punch Cards for the Transfer Station online (, by mail (with self-addressed stamped envelope) or via the mail slot in the green back door of the town offices. Seniors (65+) $10 and all others $30 for dump stickers. Punch cards are in denominations of $5, $10 and $20. Checks should be made out to the Town of Rindge. You can mail them in to 30 Payson Hill Rd, Rindge, NH 03461, purchase them from the Town Clerk during normal business hours OR drop them in the mail slot in the green door at the back of the town offices. Please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
read more

Town of Rindge, NH

30 Payson Hill Rd | Rindge, NH 03461

(603) 899-5181